2018 January Favorites

| On
3:59 PM
January is officially over! Does anyone else feel like January was the longest month ever? The past couple of months flew by but it felt like January lingered around for way too long. So far, the month has been incredibly eventful – or at least that’s how it felt as I attempted to fill out my planner so that I can pretend to be a fully functioning adult.

I also turned 25 on the 7th so that’s a thing. The only thing I asked for was IT on DVD so it’s safe to say that my birthday was pretty great.

Now, let’s get on with the things that I was obsessing over this month.

Beauty & Style:




ABH Modern Renaissance and Subculture Palettes – I honestly wasn’t expecting to love these as much as I do. As far as the Modern Renaissance goes, I knew I had to have it the moment I saw the colors (I mean, as if I needed another warm-toned palette) but as soon as I used it for the first time I was hooked. The colors are incredibly pigmented and they blend so nicely, I can now see why it was so loved. I went out on a limb when I picked up Subculture because I was well aware of how much flack ABH received for this palette but I’m honestly in love with mine. The shadows are actually quite nice, I haven’t had many issues with blending them out or with patchiness so that’s a plus. The fallout is minimal because I’ve seen enough reviews to know to go in with a light hand. The shade Cube has been my go-to for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner. If you’ve been hesitant to try it out but are still obsessing over the shades – I say go for it.

NYX Brow Pencil in Black – On days where I don’t feel like busting out the brow cream, this pencil serves as a quick fix. Whenever I feel like doing a more natural brow look for days when I’m not wearing at eye makeup, this pencil is perfect. It’s the perfect shade for my brows because it’s not too dark or warm and its creamy consistency allows the product to glide on without tugging so you get a precise look. It’s affordable and effortless.


Studded Faux Leather Backpack – This was a Christmas gift from my mother and I’m absolutely obsessed. I had been on the hunt for a faux leather backpack to take with me to shows and festivals but everything I found was either too big, too small, just not my type at all. I spotted this backpack at TJ Maxx and as soon as I saw the studs I knew it was meant to be. It’s the perfect size so it’s not too bulky and it has a bunch of compartments for all of my things.



Denim Jacket from Boo Hoo – Another item I was on the hunt for was a distressed denim jacket. I love shopping at Boo Hoo because they always have cute things and they’re always having a sale – like 50%-80% off all the time. I saw this and had to have it. It’s comfortable and it has just the right amount of stretch to it so it’s easy to move around. It’s also not too distressed or bulky which I appreciate. I lucked up on this when Boo Hoo has 80% off plus I managed to get free shipping. They are a blessing and a curse when it comes to treating yo self.

Skeleton Crop Top from Fashion Nova - So, I finally caved and had to see what the fuss was about with Fashion Nova. I was skeptical because I had never ordered from them before so I had no clue on how the items would fit or look on me but I couldn’t be more pleased. The material on the top is so soft and stretchy and it fit great. It’s a bit longer than my other crop tops, which I don’t mind because I wear it as is or I can tie it in a knot in the front. I ordered another crop top with bell sleeves and even though it’s a bit roomy, I’m still obsessed with it. I love anything black with long bell sleeves because it makes me feel like an extra in The Addams Family. I might include that top in a future look book so stay tuned for that.


Velvet Heels- This was probably one of the most random purchases I’ve ever made. I went shoe shopping with my best friend, not intending to buy anything and I spotted a pair of purple velvet heels. They were cute but I’m not too big on purple so I jokingly said “if only these came in black!” My friend then comes over to me not even 30 seconds later with the same velvet shoes in black. Naturally, I took that as a sign and I walked away with a pair of velvet heels. I’m not big on heels but these were just too cute to pass up. The heel is a bit chunky so they’re pretty comfortable to walk in.

Entertainment:


Ice Nine Kills & The Used Vinyl – My collection recently grew by two when I received these babies in the mail. I adore these two albums more than life itself so I couldn’t pass them up. When Ice Nine Kills announced they had 500 of these limited edition green copies of Every Trick in the Book I immediately added one to my cart. Lo and behold, I already had a copy of In Love and Death sitting in my cart just waiting for me to click “checkout”. I couldn’t let them down so I gave them a nice little home by my record player.

Black Mirror – I recently started re-watching Black Mirror so that I could get my mother caught up before we start the new season and It’s basically been destroying my life all over again. I’m about to put tape over the webcam on my laptop again and now I’m even more paranoid than usual. It was all fun and games until we got to the "San Junipero" episode and I was once again reduced to a puddle of tears. I’ve never felt so attacked before in my life, how dare you make me feel things?

Happy Death Day – I finally saw this film and I know I’m a bit late but I loved it! I’m a huge fan of slasher films and this film was reminiscent of those classic, cheesy slashers from the 80s - Like Groundhog’s Day meets Happy Birthday to Me. It was clever, funny, and incredibly entertaining. I appreciate films that make me want to know more, and this film did just that AND it didn’t disappoint me in the end.


That’s it for this month! I didn’t include any specific music favorites because I have way too many so they’re getting their own post. What did you love in the month of January?
2 comments on "2018 January Favorites"
  1. Omg please link me that jean jacket! I've been searching for one forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link! They currently have 80% off right now as well! http://us.boohoo.com/plus-eve-oversized-super-distressed-denim-jacket/PZZ90226.html

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature