Quick and Easy DIY Costumes

| On
4:55 PM
There are a ton of Halloween looks that can be put together with little to no effort. You don’t have to go out and buy a ton of things in order to look good on Halloween night. For my last minute babes that want to put together a quick and affordable costume, I have three different costumes just for you.

All three of these looks involve the same few products and require minimum effort. You can do any variation of these and put your own twist on them to make them your own according to the things you have on hand.

1.      Minnie Mouse


For this look, I put together a simple eye look and then used a pencil liner to draw on a nose. I paired it with a nude pink lip and a pair of ears. Throw on a dress and some white gloves and you're good to go.

You can pick up a pair of Minnie ears just about anywhere: Target, Wal-Mart, or any Halloween store. For those that can’t seem to find any, you can DIY a pair like the ones I’m wearing.


What you’ll need:
A headband
Black cardboard or Construction paper
Glitter tape
Scissors
Hot Glue

-Cut out two similar ear shapes and hot glue them to your headband. You can find reference photos to use as a guideline.

-After your ears are in place and have dried, use the glitter tape to make a bow shape (or ribbon if you prefer), and then hot glue it to the middle of your headband.

2. Cat



For this look I did the same eye makeup I did for the Minnie costume and extended the outer wings and the inner corner to create a dramatic cat eye. I added some extra “fur” to my brows using a brow pencil to make them appear bushier. Use your pencil in light flicks to create hair like marks to the front portion of your brow to achieve this look.

Similar to the Minnie nose, extend the liner to the bottom of the nose and the outside of the nostrils. Draw a line from the bottom of your nose to your cupid’s bow.

Add some tiny freckles above your lip using your eyeliner.

Using your eyeliner, extend the edges of your top lip, curving upward as if you were creating a fake smile. Color in your top lip with the eyeliner or a black liquid lipstick if you have one. Black lipstick can be found just about anywhere this time of year and it’s fairly cheap (the one I used was only $3).

Add some whiskers, cat ears and a tail and you’re done!

3. Vampire



For some reason I’ve never done a vampire costume before, and I love vampires. The look I created was inspired by the vampires on The Vampire Diaries. It’s one of my favorite shows and I love the creepy vein-like appearance the characters get once they vamp-out. It allows you to add a bit of creepiness to your costume.

For this look I took the eye makeup from the cat eye and added darker shadows to create a deeper smoky eye.

On the blower lash line, take a dark burgundy lipstick or blush and use a fluffy brush to blend it out, dragging the color down lower than you normally would. For this step, I used the Elf Blush Pallet in the darker shades.

Using the same lipstick (or lip liner) draw zigzags down your cheek, leading from the lower lash line to create a vein-y effect. Use your eyeliner to add depth to the veins, then use your finger to smudge the lines and blend it into your skin.

Next, add a dark red lip. The color I used was the Ultra Satin lip color in “Prim” from ColourPop (it’s only $6). Some alternative shades are: Nyx Matte Lip Cream in “Copenhagen”, Wet n Wild Matte Lipstick in “Cherry Bomb”, and Wet n Wild “Wine Red” (all under $7).

Next, take some of the lipstick or blush from before and smudge it next to your mouth.

Last, add blood.

Now, if you want to take your look to the next level you can add fangs or mold some using fake nails. I chose to not use fangs for my look but you can add any finishing touches you so choose.

I added a red lace masquerade mask that I picked up from Target last year for a little something extra.
These looks can all be paired with whatever sort of outfit you want. I live in all black, so I paired them all with a black skater dress from Forever 21 (it was around $15).

I have a couple more Halloween looks planned so be on the lookout. If you have any suggestions for some quick and easy Halloween looks let me know!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature