10 Things I Want To Say to My College Best Friends

| On
9:34 PM
As my time at my current college comes to a close, I’m reminded of all of the experiences and memories of my collegiate years.

I went to a small, private, liberal arts college in a tiny town in North Carolina. To say that we had to make the most of what we had is an understatement. The most we could do in town was shop at Target or go to Chili’s, unless we wanted to drive 30 minutes to an hour to go to an actual mall.
From bedside chats and road trips, to stumbling home on a Friday night and drunken nights at Denny’s, we’ve been through it all together. The bond we share goes beyond most because we lived together, and if you were off campus you were no more than a walk down the street. We were there for each other through the good, the bad and the ugly on a day-to-day basis. We had no problem getting together at the drop of a dime no matter the occasion.

Now, everything’s changing. I’m not going to be able to walk down the hall or across the street to see you. I’m not going to be able to drink way too much with you every weekend and then talk about it the next morning in the café. You’re the ones I wanted by my side for everything and I can’t thank you enough for being there and dealing with the craziness that is college life.

1.      There’s no one else I’d rather have see me at my absolute worst because I’ve also seen you at your worst.

2.      There’s also no one else I’d rather have by my side when I’m at my best. We were each other’s biggest supporters through everything.

3.      I will cherish our drunken conversations.

4.      Our bedside chats where we laughed and cried together will always be some of the best moments. Whether we were talking about nonsense, gossip or some fuckboy who ruined our night- it didn’t matter. We were up til the wee hours of the morning dealing with it.

5.      Seriously, who else would I rather dance on a bar, or a couch with? The nights when we commanded the dance floor were the best nights. I wouldn’t want to do the wobble with anyone else.

6.      Thank you for helping me grow and inspiring me. There’s no way I would have become the strong, independent woman I am today without you.

7.      With that being said, never forget that you too are a strong, capable woman who does not need the attention of a man to define your self-worth. You are worth so much more.

8.      I appreciate the fact that we could always be honest with each other.

9.      Thank you for being my partners in crime. Whether It was needing a partner in beer pong, flip cup, or someone to go in half for late-night Dominoe’s, we had each other’s backs.

10.  Thank you for accepting me for who I am.

Well, now I’m going to go pour me a glass of wine and listen to 100 Years by Five for Fighting and cry.


Y’all are the best and I can’t wait till we’re reunited so we can drink at all of the on campus events as alumni so we can reminisce about the old days aka “we all saw each other a few months ago but whateves it still counts”.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature