Half Glam/Half Skull Makeup

| On
11:48 AM
So Halloween has come and gone (but it’s still spooky in my heart), and even though we’re about to be bombarded with peppermint everything and Christmas trees – I have one more Halloween look for you all.

I was inspired by Jamie Genevieve on YouTube to recreate this look. If you haven’t watched her videos, I highly suggest you do. She’s incredibly talented and her style is flawless.

This is my super-quick and easy take on her look that I kind of threw together one night using a handful of products.

On the glam side I used my favorite face products: Maybelline Matte Fit Me Foundation, Elf Blush Pallet in Dark, Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye pallet, Elf Contour Kit, Maybelline Hi-Light in Nude, ColourPop Ultra Satin lip in Prim, and a pair of Kiss lashes.

On the skeleton side I used black and white eye shadow sticks. Now, if you’re going to wear this look out I would highly suggest using a white face paint or a super light foundation to ensure that your look lasts all night. I just used what I had on hand because I was playing around with this look and I wasn’t going out.

When doing this look I suggest doing your glam side first, but apply your lip color last so that it doesn’t smudge with your skeleton side. I also suggest a matte formula so that it doesn’t transfer to the skeleton side. My satin lip formula blended with the white pencil a bit so that’s just something to keep in mind.

For the skeleton side, start white your light base because it’s a lot easier to add black later than to add white.

With your black pencil (or liner) basically map out where you want your shadows to be. A reference photo is helpful. Around your eye, underneath your cheekbone (where you would normally apply your contour), your nose, and under your jaw.

After you map it out, use a dark shadow and a fluffy brush to blend out the lines and add depth.
Then, extend the corner of your mouth upwards and add in tiny lines onto your mouth.

And you’re finished.






This look is fairly simple and quick and you can make it your own and add any finishing touches you want. Wigs, glitter, or even adding different colors to create a watercolor skeleton – whatever your heart desires. There’s also a ton of skeleton accessories and clothes out around this time of year. I bought a skeleton body con dress from Boo Hoo and I also have a skeleton crop top from Nikki Lipstick *pictured above* (both will be featured in my October Faves).


Now I’m off to mourn Halloween being over.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature