D.I.Y Tacky Christmas Tree Sweater!

| On
4:47 PM

Hello lovelies!

With the holidays rapidly approaching you're going to be invited to many different types of holiday parties. A popular theme is "Ugly Christmas Sweaters" or "Tacky Christmas." I've already been invited to about three already and Christmas hasn't even happened yet. Last night was the end of the year Christmas party for my cheerleading squad at my college and we had an ugly Christmas sweater contest (I won!). So, I decided to show you all how I made this Christmas tree sweater. It's really simple and it's an easy and cheap way to create a fun sweater for your holiday parties.

What you'll need:
Green sweater (I got mine from Walmart for $6)
Safety pins
Tinsel (I got mine from Dollar Tree)
Huge Bow (Again, Dollar Tree)
Tiny bows (Dollar tree)

How to make your sweater:
1. Lay your sweater out on a flat surface
2. Cut your sweater down the middle. This step is optional, I wanted to make mine into a cardigan but if you want a full sweater, don't cut yours. 
3. Lay out your tinsel in the direction you want it be. I laid my tinsel in a diagonal direction to give it a Christmas tree vibe. I also alternated between colors.
4.  Begin to pin your tinsel down, one on each end of the strand. Since mine was a cardigan I had to cut mine in sections. 
5. Pin your tiny bows in between the tinsel strands like tree decorations. This could also work with actual ball ornaments.
6. Pin your big bow at the top near the collar. This serves as a tree top! This doesn't have to be a bow, it could be anything you want to top your tree sweater with.

And you're done! Now you're ready for that tacky Christmas party. Deck those halls!
If you recreate this or have your own original creations send them to me! I'd love to see what you come up with.

Also: If you're wondering, the red and green Christmas hair bow I'm wearing came form Target.

Makeup:
Eyes: Naked basics pallet
Mascara: Make Up For Ever Smokey Extravagant
Brows: Elf Brow Kit
Liner: Maybelline Line Stiletto 
Lips: Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in #10




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature