Sorority Girl Tag!

| On
4:35 PM

As many of you know, I’m very involved in Greek Life so it’s a pretty huge part of my life. I came across this channel on YouTube of two college girls that post things on beauty and lifestyle called Finding Fabulous. They did the “Sorority Girl Tag” and I thought it’d be an awesome idea to do it here!

Let’s get started.

1.      What is the name of your sorority?
I am a member of Phi Mu Fraternity!

2.      What is your sorority hand sign?
The quatrefoil! It’s also our symbol, and it’s one of the hardest hand signs to make.


3.      Did you always want to rush a sorority?
Yes, I knew from the first time I had heard about sororities that I wanted to rush. One of my role models growing up was Elle Woods, she was a strong, intelligent female who followed her dreams, stood up for herself and others and did it in style. I wanted to be just like her. Sororities are all about helping young women become stronger, more independent and to teach them to be more than they could ever be, and I wanted to be a part of that.


4.      What was recruitment like for you?
It was the most stressful and rewarding week of my life. Going through recruitment, I had somewhat of an idea of where I wanted to go but then I ended up bonding with every chapter and each chapter was amazing in its own way. It was a hard decision trying to choose but in the end I picked the right one for me.

5.      When did you know you found the right house?
When you meet the group of girls you want to call your sisters, you are overcome with a sense of family. You can picture yourself bonding, making memories and becoming a part of their lives. Sounds cheesy, yes, but that’s seriously how it happens. When I met Phi Mu it was an instant connection, I bonded with some of the girls right away and in the end, I knew it was the right fit for me.

6.      What is your favorite sorority-related memory?
I have plenty, but one of my favorite memories will always be the day I got my little. My little is seriously my better half. We’re so much alike but we’re also very different, it’s the perfect match. My family within Phi Mu is very special to me.
Me and my little.

7.      What is your favorite gift from your big?
Definitely has to be my picture frame that has my sorority creed in it. My creed is something that I value so this one meant a lot to me. I get to look up at it every day and remember the values of my sisterhood and it reminds to be a better person.

8.      Is sisterhood a real thing?
Absolutely, it’s a real thing. One of the biggest misconceptions of sorority life is that we’re all a bunch of shallow, spoiled girls that just go out and party together. That’s not the case at all. We are in every sense of the word- a family. These are the girls I spend all of my time with; they’re there for my highest and lowest moments. We have fun together, we cry together. The only difference between a sorority and actual siblings is that we’re bonded by our sorority and values instead of by blood.

9.      What is the time commitment like for you chapter?
It was very time consuming. A sorority is run almost like a business; there are many components to it. You have formal chapter meetings, committee meetings, you plan events, fundraisers, you work in public relations, worry about finances- it’s a lot of hard work and dedication on top of school and everything thing else you have on your plate.

10.  What were you most surprised about your sorority?
I think, I was the most surprised about how much I was able to be myself around them. I was very shy and reserved in the beginning because I was new and I didn’t know everyone yet but I was able to find people that I really meshed with. I was like, “wow, these girls watch Doctor Who and listen to All Time Low too!”
Me and my g-little.
11.  Do you plan on living in the house?
We didn’t have a house; we had our own floor in the dorm buildings. We went to a small, private college so each sorority had their own space in the dorms. I did live on the sorority floor, it felt like a home away from home. It’s much more relaxed and comfortable than the normal floors in the dorms. I miss every second of it!

12.  What was your favorite exchange/invite/date party theme?
Definitely our Wedding social, it was the most fun I've ever had at a social.

13.  What is your favorite thing about your philanthropy?
Our philanthropy is the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. My favorite thing about CMNH is the fact that we get to help children live long, healthy lives. Seeing the smiles on their faces is the best feeling ever.

14.  How many items of clothes do you have related to your sorority?
Way too many. I have multiple drawers full of just sorority shirts and I’m getting more…I don’t have a problem.

15.  What is the best part of being in a sorority?
The fact that these girls are going to be in my life for a long time, not just until the end of college, is the best part of being in a sorority. These girls are going to be at my wedding, baby showers, and so on. If I needed to get rid of a body I know exactly who to call to help me dispose of it.


Well there you have it, the sorority girl tag! If you’re in a sorority I tag YOU to do this tag. Let me know if you do this tag, I’d love to read your responses!
6 comments on "Sorority Girl Tag!"
  1. Every bride aims to look completely perfect and flawless on her wedding day. With so many different bridal makeups in the market today these days it becomes difficult to decide for the bride’s too which one will suit her bridal makeup. Still, two of the most preferred makeup amongst brides are airbrush bridal makeup and HD bridal makeup.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature