Reasons Why I Don't Want a Relationship

| On
11:13 PM
Because quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about them.
When you tell someone that you're not interested in getting into a relationship you're often met with disbelieving looks and someone saying "oh honey, that'll change."
Like...no.
The last thing on my mind is getting into a relationship, I don't how many other ways to express that. So now, I'm going to list a few of the reasons why relationships are not high on my "to do list."

1. I'm too busy.

Okay, I know how that sounds but seriously, I run out of energy faster than my character on the Kim K Hollywood game. I'm already stretched ten different ways with class, extracurricular activities, my business, and trying to fit in time with family and friends all while trying not to lose my head. Adding in a significant other just doesn't fit into my schedule. Whenever I see free time, that turns into "me time" which means= nap time. 

2. I'm focused on other things.

I have a dream career, a dream house, dream vacation spots, and more. One thing that's not on my mind is finding a "dream spouse." Literally everyone around me does nothing but talk about being in a relationship, getting married, and having children- which is fine...for them. I'm only 21, I have plenty of time to worry about finding the "right one." As for right now, I have other things on my mind, like working towards my goal career. Some want to focus on their future career and that special someone- more power to you! Do what makes you happy. I have other things on my mind and that's totally okay.

3. I'm just not looking for a commitment.

Finding a man is not on my list of "things I need to do." Now, not being interested in commitment doesn't mean I have commitment issues, I'm just genuinely not interested in boyfriends. This is not one of those "I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no man" situations. I'm a truly difficult person to get along with. I'm selfish, opinionated, sarcastic, impatient, stubborn, and slightly neurotic. My personality is for those with an "acquired taste" and I understand that it's going to take some time to find someone who I can stand to be around for longer than five seconds and vice-versa. To be honest, I've never been one for relationships. Even in cases where I've had "crushes" it was mainly me forcing myself to "like" people just so I would have someone to talk about when my friends got into one of their "boy-crazy" moods where they did nothing but talk about potential boyfriends. Even regarding those I actually thought I was interested in- I wasn't. I just don't feel a romantic attraction to a lot of people and that's totes cool. 

4. I kind of hate...everyone.

Now, this isn't some attempt to seem like one of those people that are like "omg I hate everyone because I'm super cool," like no- get out. I just can't find anyone that doesn't make me want to poke my eyes out with scissors. Everyone that I could have potentially been interested in lose their appeal after five minutes. I'm honestly really picky, and it only takes me about two seconds to find something wrong with someone. Like is it that hard to find someone that enjoys Doctor Who, horror movies, and Marvel? Yes? That's okay, I'll wait.

5. I'm perfectly content with the single life.

Seriously, I'm good. People are always under the impression that just because you're single that you must not be happy, as if the only way to be happy is to be with someone else. I can't tell you how many times someone will say something along the lines of "when you get into a relationship you'll understand," or "being in love is so much better," or some other bullshit about being in a relationship. Let me break something down for you: I'm perfectly happy being by myself. If I was that interested in a relationship I would be in one. I like the freedom of the single life, there's so many things I want to do before I worry about finding a partner. 

Seriously, If I have to hear another comment about being in a relationship, I'm going to spontaneously combust.

6. My true love is Netflix and YouTube.

Seriously, I can binge watch a show like nobodies business. I can finish a series extremely fast, like embarrassingly fast. Also, I'm addicted to YouTube. Why date when I can spend hours watching Hannah Hart on My Drunk Kitchen? So unless someone's gonna come sit with me while I watch a marathon of Scandal or Game of Thrones- it's gonna be me and Netflix 4Ever.


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature