October 2016 Favorites

| On
10:16 AM
I can't believe October is actually over, I'm shook. But alas, I'm glad it's finally starting to feel like fall here in NC and I can now wear the other 98% of my wardrobe.  I thrive in long sleeves, boots, dark clothing and even darker makeup. Not that I don’t wear dark things all year round, but in the fall I get to pick up even more items to fuel my obsession.

I’ve accumulated a ton of things that I’ve loved for the month of October. I’ll admit I went a little overboard but October just does something to me. Plus, my self control was greatly affected by the “Treat Yo Self” episode of Parks and Recreation.

I have a lot of things to cover so let’s get started.

Clothing:


Magi Skater Dress-Killstar: I’ve lusted after this dress for a while. I finally picked it up while Killstar had their items for 20% off, it’s like they just knew I needed this. This is probably one of the softest dresses I own. It’s incredibly comfortable and stretchy. It’s not too short, which is nice (but I’m also really short so that could be a factor). I’m in love with the pentagram design on the chest; it’s what drew me to the dress in the first place.


Doll Dress-Killstar: Another purchase I made during the 20% off sale. This dress is made from the same soft and stretchy material as the Magi dress. It’s a bit shorter but that’s fine with me. I had been looking for the perfect Wednesday Addams-esque dress and since I loved the fit of my other Killstar dress, I knew I’d love this and I wasn’t disappointed.

Skeleton Body Con Dress- Boo Hoo: I just recently started shopping from Boo Hoo and I’m mad at myself for not doing this sooner. This shop is a goldmine. They have a ton of designs to choose from, with new styles added daily, and they’re almost always having a sale. I came across this skeleton dress and immediately added it to my cart. It’s incredibly soft and it hugs your curves, but it’s still flattering. It’s comfortable and it’s perfect for the Halloween look I have planned (stay tuned).

Flannel- Wal-Mart: Y’all, I swear I had no intentions of picking up a flannel when I went into Wal-Mart. I went in needing a few groceries and…we all know how that goes. I randomly came across this fitted, green flannel and it was only $13 so I couldn’t pass it up. It’s comfy and I didn’t have any green flannels so...it’s mine now.

Combat boots- Uptown Cheapskate: I love combat boots and my other pair sadly passed away after a The Academy Is show (RIP). I found this pair of combat boots at Uptown Cheapskate for around $7. They’re comfortable and pair well with everything.

Candles and Décor:


Coffin Light- I saw this and I couldn’t say no. It was only a few bucks at Dollar General. It features a haunted house and bats on the front, with a color-changing LED light in the back.

Black and Purple Roses- If you want a bunch of cute Halloween décor definitely try Dollar Tree. I picked these up and paired them with a purple vase and a black glitter branch.

Bath and Body Works Fall Candles: I think we all saw this coming. It took everything in me to not pick up every single candle I saw in the store. I managed to leave with just three: Sweater Weather, Flannel, and Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. I couldn’t leave without at least one pumpkin scent. This particular one isn’t overly sweet, which is nice because I’m not too keen on scents that are too sweet. It has the perfect amount of sweet pumpkin and spice. Sweater Weather is an old favorite of mine. It has a crisp, clean scent with hints of wood, juniper berry and sage. Flannel has a warm, musky scent and those are my favorite. This is a blend of “crisp autumn air”, bergamot, mahogany and soft musk. I don’t know how they put autumn air into a candle, but I dig it.

Witches Hat- I mean, it’s a witch hat; how could I not buy it?

Entertainment:

The Black Parade 10th anniversary album/ Living With Ghosts: So…of course we’re not surprised. I pre-ordered this bundle the minute I got the email. I didn’t even question it. The Black Parade is such an iconic album. It was a huge influence on the music scene when it was originally released and it continues to inspire the scene today. It helped shape the band, their fans, and it’s still one of the greatest concept albums ever made. Each song told a different story, one more intricate than the last. The characters, the concept art, the music videos, all of it came together to create an album more legendary than the band could even fathom. The album features all of the original tracks from The Black Parade plus live demos, alternate versions, and unreleased tracks. I’m obsessed. When will My Chemical Romance not own my heart?

Till next time,

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature