Hell in the Hallways

| On
9:47 AM


Ice Nine Kills have a knack for combining my two favorite things: horror movies and music. I’ve mentioned them numerous times on my blog, as well as their current album Every Trick in the Book. I recently got the pleasure of seeing them during the Alternative Press “Hell in the Hallways” tour at Greene Street in NC and as always, it was a treat. The track “Hell in the Hallways” was inspired by the Stephen King novel Carrie, a personal favorite of mine so I was more than stoked for this “Bates High Senior Prom” themed tour.

The place was decked out in streamers and balloons, with Bates High signs and a canvas for guests to take prom photos. Fans were encouraged to dress up in suits and dresses for the chance to be crowned prom king and queen on each night of the tour. I was thrilled to see others dressed up with ghoulish makeup and blood splashed all over the place. Of course, I took this opportunity to get gory and break out my favorite Killstar dress (I even managed to be one of the nominees for prom queen).
Needless to say, this was way more fun than my own high school prom. My prom definitely didn’t have any attendees covered in blood or Ice Nine Kills so this definitely beats our “Caribbean Nights” senior prom. #SorryNotSorry.


The opening acts, Secrets, Out Came the Wolves, Sylar, and a local band named Exiled, kicked off the show for us. Out of the four, I had only previously seen Out Came the Wolves so I loved discovering new groups and finding even more music to fall in love with. I’m also personally a fan of the fact that they always bring out local talent to open because it allows you to see what your local music scene has to offer.

My boys in Ice Nine Kills delivered one hell of a show. Kicking things off with the score from the movie Dead Silence was a nice touch. As a horror fan, I appreciate these little touches. It helped set the perfect atmosphere. They played through a ton of my favorite tracks like: “Bloodbath and Beyond,” “Me, Myself & Hyde,” “Communion of the Cursed,” “What I Never Learned in Study Hall,” and of course the track that inspired the entire tour.

Before that night, I had never had to come home and scrub off fake blood after a show. Unlike the guests at Carrie White’s prom, we all left the show in one piece dying to come back for more. This marks the third time that I’ve seen Ice Nine Kills live and I for one, cannot wait to make it a fourth.

You can catch Ice Nine Kills on the road now, and keep an eye out for Hell in the Hallways Tour pt. 2. Dates and tickets here.


Now enjoy some pictures from show:












Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature