February 2017 Favorites

| On
4:29 PM


Another month down, another list of things I’ve loved. It’s been a while since my last favorites post so I’ve accumulated a few things that have been slowly taking over my life – whether it’s been beauty related or a song I’ve been playing on repeat. So with that being said, let’s get started.

Beauty:

My Pretty Zombie Cosmetics shadows:  I’m absolutely obsessed with red eye shadows and red-based brown shadows so these two have been creeping their way into my everyday looks ever since they arrived at my doorstep. These are mineral shadows that come in a small pot. They’re incredibly pigmented and blend nicely. "Epistaxis" is a true, blue based red, similar to a nose bleed (hence the name). I’m a fan of anything that makes me look like I’m still stuck in the 2004 Revenge Era. “Everything Looks Better on a Meat Hook” is a darkened reddish brown with tiny flecks of blue-green shimmer. It looks stunning on the lid. This company is also cruelty free and a lot of their shadows are vegan. I’m a huge fan of the outlandish and creepy names of their products. It’s so fitting.

Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette: This has become my go-to palette for every day looks. It’s so beautiful and the smell is incredible. If you’re not a fan of the peach scent, it does go away after a while so once the shadows are applied, you have nothing to worry about. Too Faced shadows are really pigmented and blendable, even the shimmery shades. While I love reds, I have very little pinks in my collection so this palette was perfect to switch things up, but I can still achieve my favorite “wearable dead” look that I love so much.


Wet N Wild Catsuit Liquid Lipsticks: Everybody has been raving about these and they've been clearing out shelves left and right. I finally managed to pick up two shades and I can finally see what the hype is about. These are great quality drugstore liquid lipsticks, they dry down without being too drying on the lips. They're pretty long-lasting, with minimal touch ups needed throughout the day. I picked up "Goth Topic", a darkened brown, and "Video Vixen", a deep blackened berry shade.

Wet n Wild pigment in “Dom and Cherry on Top”: I lucked up on this product before it was all gone, which was good because 1. Its limited edition and 2. It was the last one on the display. It’s a gorgeous golden bronze shade with shimmer. It looks amazing on the lid, as an inner corner highlight, and even a cheek highlight if you’re a medium to deep tone. You need the tiniest bit of product and then you can tap off the excess in the lid so this will last you a while.


Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks: I snagged Sagittarius during Jeffree Star’s holiday sale and then immediately made a purchase on Beautylish. "Androgyny" is a deep mauve nude shade and it’s perfect for everyday. "Sagittarius" is a deep plum brown (a bit darker than his shade "Deceased" that’s completely sold out), and "No Tea, No Shade" is a metallic pinky purple shade. I’m completely obsessed. I can’t wait to order more.


Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in “Hawkwind”: I picked up one of Kat’s new nude shades and I’ve worn it almost every day. It’s comfortable to wear and lasts for hours. It was a bit streaky at first but it’s easily fixable because you can layer it without the product clumping up and crumbling off. It's a gorgeous reddish brown shade. It’s perfect for medium-deep skin tones.


Lush Cosmetics “Ayesha” face mask: This mask is amazing for those with sensitive skin like myself. It’s full of clay and soothing properties to help cleanse the skin, brighten and firm without irritating your face. You store it in the fridge which is probably my favorite thing about it because it’s cooling on your skin and it feels amazing.

Entertainment:

Pierce The Veil “Floral and Fading” music video: “Floral and Fading” is one of my favorite tracks from Misadventures so I was thrilled to see they were finally going to release a video for it. It’s set in a 50s bowling alley and it’s ridiculously entertaining. The outfits and the hair are my favorite part of the video.


As It Is “Hey Rachel” music video: I’ve mentioned this song before, but if you still haven’t checked it out, you need to! “Hey Rachel” is off of As It Is’ new record Okay and it’s dedicated to front man Patty Walters’ little sister. Its incredible sweet and tugs at your heartstrings.


From First to Last “Make War”: Y’ALL. I’m so shook about this because 2017 is the year of the emo revival. Sonny Moore aka Skrillex, finally reunited with From First to Last and they’re here to bless us. They released this single and we all kind of died over it. They also reunited at Emo Nite LA recently to perform and I’ve never been so jealous to not be in the LA area. Definitely give this new single a listen.

Waterparks “Double Dare” album: I’m completely kicking myself for waiting so long to get into Waterparks. Curiosity set in and I started listening to their recent album Double Dare and it’s incredible. It’s catchy, upbeat and I listened to it on repeat for weeks. It’s got this electric pop punk-feel, like a modernized Cobra Starship and I’m digging it.


Till next time,

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature